|The view from my back patio today.|
This recipe was described on Allrecipes as "THE cookie for the lemon lover." I love all things lemony. I think I take after my mom in that regard. Lemons just remind me of sunshine, and on such a sunshiney day, a lemon cookie sounded perfect.
Lemon Sunshine Cookies (I renamed -- and tweaked just a little -- Juanita's Lucious Lemon Snaps. Thank you for the great recipe!)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, mix together first 5 ingredients. Form a well in the center. Pour the last 3 ingredients into the well.
- Stir together to form a dough. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Edges will be slightly golden brown. Makes 24 cookies.
|I love the little bits of lemon zest in the dough.|
|Fresh out of the oven.|
|Just amusing myself. Thanks Angela for the cute plate set ;)|