Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cold-Brewed Iced Coffee

I am an iced coffee addict.  I don't know what it is about hot coffee... it's not that I don't like it, but coffee just tastes so much better to me served over ice and sipped through a straw.  I am one of those people (are there others...?) who orders iced coffee in the dead of winter.  By now, I've come to expect the "You said iced?" with eyebrows raised.

I don't know how I've gone so many years without discovering this recipe.  Just thinking about all the crappy attempts I've made at homemade iced coffee over the years, and all the money I could have saved... makes me cringe!

Cold-Brewed Iced Coffee

This makes such delicious coffee. Better than the majority of iced coffees I've purchased, anywhere from Starbucks to Dunkin Donuts to a slew of independent coffee shops.  I love how the bitterness is removed and you are left with a smooth, refreshing taste. What an awesome way to start off the summer.  Iced coffee every morning and I don't have to leave the house.  I should follow Deb's lead and put $2.00 in a jar every time I make this.

If you are an iced coffee addict like me, and you haven't tried this... DO IT! DO IT NOW!!!

Happy Summer :)

Cheers,
L

2 comments:

  1. Hey, this sounds delicious! I still love hot coffee, but cold-brewed coffee's lower acidity is friendlier on my stomach not to mention refreshing in these dog days of summer! You must show me how you make this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I love the lower acidity too! It is super easy. I steep the coffee in a tupperware container. When it's ready to be strained, I line a strainer with a coffee filter and pour it through there into a bowl or any other container with a wide opening. It keeps in the fridge for a few days.

    ReplyDelete