I recently moved into a new apartment and tonight I made my first "real dinner" since moving in. With the help of my roomie, of course!
I've always wanted to make fish tacos. For this recipe I used pre-packaged frozen mahi mahi filets from Trader Joe's. So convenient - and surprisingly fresh, too!
I came up with the sauce on the fly. I used plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream because it basically tastes the same except it's fat-free and has a ton of protein. So yummy.. the sauce really made the tacos, for me.
- 1 pound mahi mahi filets
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp honey
- 10" flour tortillas
- pico de gallo (store-bought or homemade)
- any color bell pepper, finely chopped
- red or white onion, finely chopped
- cucumber, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- shredded cheese of your choice
- Combine yogurt, garlic, lime juice, and honey. Set aside.
- Slice fish filets into 1-inch sections. Coat with flour.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until fish is completely opaque throughout. Transfer fish to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Place fish pieces on warm tortillas. Drizzle with a good helping of yogurt sauce. Top with pico de gallo, peppers, onions, cucumbers, cilantro, and cheese. Enjoy!