Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mahi Mahi Tacos with Lime Yogurt Sauce

Hola, foodies!

I recently moved into a new apartment and tonight I made my first "real dinner" since moving in. With the help of my roomie, of course!

I've always wanted to make fish tacos. For this recipe I used pre-packaged frozen mahi mahi filets from Trader Joe's. So convenient - and surprisingly fresh, too!

I came up with the sauce on the fly. I used plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream because it basically tastes the same except it's fat-free and has a ton of protein. So yummy.. the sauce really made the tacos, for me.

  • 1 pound mahi mahi filets
  • flour
  • extra-virgin olive oil
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 10" flour tortillas
  • pico de gallo (store-bought or homemade)
  • any color bell pepper, finely chopped
  • red or white onion, finely chopped
  • cucumber, chopped
  • cilantro, chopped
  • shredded cheese of your choice
  1. Combine yogurt, garlic, lime juice, and honey. Set aside.
  2. Slice fish filets into 1-inch sections. Coat with flour.
  3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until fish is completely opaque throughout. Transfer fish to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
  4. Place fish pieces on warm tortillas. Drizzle with a good helping of yogurt sauce. Top with pico de gallo, peppers, onions, cucumbers, cilantro, and cheese. Enjoy!

Cheers,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment