Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Slow-Cooked Thai Chicken Thighs

I love chicken thighs.  I love Thai cooking.  I love my Crock-Pot.  Put all three together and this is what you get.

Slow-Cooked Thai Chicken Thighs for a small slow-cooker (2-3 quarts), adapted from busycooks.about.com
  • 3 chicken thighs (skin-on/bone-in or skinless/boneless, whichever you prefer... I prefer the former)
  • 1 cup medium chunky salsa
  • 2 heaping tbsp smooth peanut butter
  • juice of one lime
  • 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1-2 inch piece of ginger root, grated/minced
  • dash of Sriracha
  • big handful of unsalted peanuts, toasted and chopped
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • about 4 lime wedges
  1. Place chicken thighs in slow cooker.
  2. Mix together salsa, peanut butter, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and Sriracha.  Pour over the chicken.
  3. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
  4. Plate the chicken and sprinkle with peanuts and green onions.  Garnish with lime wedges and squeeze juice over the chicken before eating.  Serve with rice or noodles (I chose rice).

Before mixing.

After mixing.

Quite possibly my favorite thing in our fridge.

Chicken thighs nestled in and ready to cook.

Ta-da.

Pretty soon I'm starting a part-time job that will have me working from 4pm-9pm on weekdays.  Good hours in terms of convenience (I can still go on interviews & get a ton of stuff done during the day), but not the greatest for someone who likes to cook dinner, because I sure as heck won't feel like cooking when I get home at 9:30.  So, I have a feeling I'll be using the Crock-Pot quite a bit over the next several weeks on days when Paul won't be cooking (did I mention he is a great cook too!).  Any good recipes?  Send 'em my way ;)

Cheers,
L

    3 comments:

    1. Yum! Will have to try that sauce sometime. Pretty playing, too!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks! Yeah the sauce was really good. I'm trying to think of something vegetarian you could pair it with...hmmm.

      The job is something I got through a temp agency-- customer service/greeter at an auto dealership. It'll work for now. I've been on a handful of interviews for permanent positions, and I have one tomorrow for a job I really, really want. *fingers crossed*

      ReplyDelete